Thursday 9 May 2013

Day 2 in New York

Add caption

My second day in New York was dedicated solely to relaxing, taking a stroll through Central Park and visiting The Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met - where each year the Met Gala is hosted).






Central Park by far was one of my favourite spots in New York if not the favourite spot. Especially during spring, it was just beautiful there and so lovely to just be able to explore and get lost in the amazing nature that lies in the heart of the city.


After strolling around the park I met up with a close friend which I hadn't seen in about 4 years! Taylor, a lovely American girl which had studied at the same high school as me. We had some amazing Mexican street food down in Soho close to Washington Park Square. Couldn't leave NYC without having some Mexican food!


Next stop - The Metropolitan Museum of Art


This is one of the most iconic paintings by Vincent Van Gogh but its one of my all time favourites so it was amazing to finally see it in person alongside this favourite of mine (below) by Claude Monet.



A short break before heading to explore the fashion exhibition. Vitamin Water is a must for any fashionista! My favourite drink - non alcoholic beverage of course! 


Outfit: Tuxedo Jacket - Miss Selfridge | Silk Print Cami - Oasis | Jeans - Warehouse | Necklace - Miss Selfridge | Sunglasses - Urban Outfitters | Open-side Boots - Topshop | Handbag - Louis Vuitton

New York is definitely a city full of culture and worth exploring, I can never imagine anyone being bored in this magnificient city! For me it is where dreams come true and one day I hope to move my entire life to this extrodinary island of Manhattan - heres to dreaming!

Thanks for reading,

Yours Truly,

MickeyBoots

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment