Monday 12 November 2012

The Little Black Jacket Exhibition


This post is a little late, but I guess its always best late than never, fact! So last month, I headed down to Sloane Square in London to visit the "Little Black Jacket" exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery. 

Ever since I heard of the exhibition, I knew straight away that when it came to London, I would be the first in line.
It featured photographs of famous/recognised members of society from across the globe in the renowned Chanel little black jacket which were all taken by legendary Chanel designer Karl Lagerfeld (you can tell I'm a big fan). There were photographs there from the likes of Clemence Poesy to Sarah Jessica Parker. 
Overall the exhibition was pleasing and worth while, in a nice pleasant environment which is essential.
It is a little too late to recommend you to go visit the exhibition in London, since it has now ended but it is currently being displayed in Paris until November 25th, so in case anyone is in Paris, make sure to head down to the Grand Palais. Plus an added extra is you get a free poster! I got the photograph of Georgia May Jagger, and its already hanging in my room! 


For those which don't have the opportunity to visit the exhibition, not to worry because there is the Little black jacket book available which is definately worth buying, I have it and I've seen the exhibition. The book displays all the photographs that you can see in the exhibition. You can find it here: The Little Black Jacket by Karl Lagerfeld and Carine Roitfeld 


I absolutely loved the exhibition, and it is for everyone not only us fashionistas. By far my favourite photograph was the one of Sarah Jessica Parker, I don't know if its because I just love her to death but the photograph was just breathtaking.  




Lets be honest, we all have a little Chanel inside us!

Yours truly,

Mickey Boots

Outfit:
Faux Leather Jacket: Miss Selfridge
Jeans: ASOS
Necklace: Topshop
Wedge Hi-tops: £45 at Topshop
Handbag: Prada 
Lipstick: Yves Saint Laurent

Photographs @ Micaela Pereira

No comments:

Post a Comment