Saturday 2 March 2013

Valentino: Master of Couture Exhibition


Last Thursday I had the privilege of going to Somerset House in London to visit the Valentino: Master of Couture exhibition with some of my classmates as a university activity. I had wanted to go to the exhibition for some time now but I never managed to find the time to go especially since I have a new job as well as the heavy workload of university assignments. 3rd year of university definitely leaves you with no social life -fact!



The exhibition showcases some of Valentino's Haute Couture evening wear, from renowned red carpet dresses worn by the likes of actresses like Julia Roberts to showcasing the process of creating a couture piece. It was definitely worth my while. Being a major Haute Couture admirer, the exhibition was very inspiring and I loved all the pieces shown!


I decided to go for a bit of a "geek chic" look for the exhibition, I'm a lover of all things black as you can tell but I added a hint of colour to the outfit. Let me know what you think!



Don't you just love this open shoulder sweater?! It was love at first sight for me!
Parka - Topshop (Last season), Open shoulder sweater - ASOS , Back zip pencil skirt - Warehouse ,
Tights - Primark, Ankle boots - Topshop , Necklace - H&M, Glasses - ASOS


Arm candy! No outfit is complete without a little bit of bling!
Watch - Michael Kors, Birthstone ring - Pandora , Friendship ring - Folli Follie , Bird statement ring - H&M , Gold bracelet - H&M

At the exhibition unfortunately we are not allowed to use photography however I managed to sneakly take some photos with my iPhone, here are some of my favourites:


This was one of my favourite couture gowns displayed, the detailing and embellishment is just amazing!




How much I wish I owned this dress! Its so beautiful!


Cute and sexy, just the way I like it!


This was my absolute favourite, I have a slight obsession was bows on the back of dresses. Its such an elegant design!


I just love the detailing on this one! Magnificent!

Bad news is that the exhibition ends tomorrow which is sad but if you have the chance to go I truly recommend it! You have to pay entry but its totally worth it I swear!

Hope you enjoyed the photos!

Yours truly,

Mickey Boots 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment